"Como" Hendra History, Majestic Landmark Residence
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 4 Cars
"Como" is one of Hendra's most significant and admired landmarks, steeped in history, dating back to the late 1800's when it was originally the original homestead of the Hendra pineapple plantation.
Perched elegantly behind a high solid cast iron fence, with original panels sourced from the former Brisbane Supreme Court, this grand home has long been lovingly restored to it's much deserved reputation as a trophy home.
This is a coveted opportunity to secure a significant part of Hendra's history on an enviable slice of 814sqm of prime flat land.
It features all the hallmarks of it's original majestic beauty, the wide closed in verandahs were re-opened to their sweeping wrap around glory, bay windows have been restored and even lead lighting, sympathetic to the period has been handcrafted to feature throughout. Original hoop pine floors are polished to impeccable condition, original vj walls appear as good as new and the 3.4 metre ceilings have been dramatically emphasized with ornate plaster finishes.
The grand entrance is enhanced by wide stairs, opening to an enormous wide hallway. Sitting to the side of this is a formal dining and sitting room on the upper level and an enormous master bedroom with its own walk in robe and ensuite. The upper level also features two further bedrooms which share a bathroom and an abundance of attic storage. The large entertainer's kitchen adjoins a sunny breakfast room, which spills seamlessly to the outdoor verandah.
Privacy has been considered throughout with the huge verandahs designed to accommodate a series of outdoor sitting rooms.
There are few homes in Brisbane, which can boast their own ballroom. The owners commissioned a stunning parquetry inlaid ballroom floor on the lower level of the home, framed by oversized custom made silky oak bi-fold doors, which capture the formal landscaped gardens and sparkling in ground pool as the backdrop.
Adjoining a fabulous integrated outdoor kitchen, the ballroom serves a dual purpose, used more practically as a home cinema/ casual living and dining room. The lower level also features a guest room and separate bathroom and for collectors of fine cars, the enormous 4 car garage will definitely impress.
Even the garden has been thoughtfully considered, with manicured lillypilly hedges, gardenias and flowering magnolias on show. Customised fences, discreet garden sheds and a gatehouse designed to be in keeping with the period are evidence of the meticulous attention to detail throughout.
Other outstanding features include full ducted air-conditioning, an integrated media/sound system, intercom video security and the use of engineered steel will ensure that this is a solid and stately residence of distinction to be enjoyed well into the next century.
- Historic home, Hendra Landmark
- Meticulously renovated, restored to original glory.
- Original Hendra pineapple plantation homestead from 1800's
- 814 sqm flat landscaped gardens
- Grand ballroom, pool, outdoor kitchen, 4 car garage
Extra Features to 77 Manson Road Hendra
- More than 1000kg of Solid Cast Iron fence featuring panels from the original Supreme Court.
- Cast iron remote gates
- 814sm flat manicured gardens
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Parquetry inlaid formal ballroom
- Home cinema
- Integrated outdoor kitchen
- Formal dining room
- 4 separate living areas
- Wide wrap around balconies
- 4 car lock up remote garage
- Further off-street parking for additional 4 cars
- Integrated pool house with outdoor lounge
- Separate laundry with laundry shoot
- Attic Storage
- Bay windows, with feature lead light windows
- Wide internal staircase
- Garden shed
- Ducted zoned air-conditioning to both levels
- Original restored VJ walls
- Original restored wide hoop pine floors
- Use of engineered steel throughout
- Three phase power
- Customized doors and windows featuring silky oak frames
- Exquisite in ground pool featuring canopy of cantilevered steel engineered to be free of posts.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.