Post War Home with Views in Superb Location
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
Rarely does an opportunity present itself like this. Owned by the same family for over 50 years, this 1950's built substantial family home is surrounded by tennis courts and expansive vacant land giving you the feeling that you are living in a small country village and yet you are actually centrally located in the most prestigious pocket of inner city Clayfield. Renovate the existing timber home or demolish the house and with your architect, design your modern family home encapsulating the panoramic views from the back of the house to the North East- simply breathtaking!
- Elevated and level 739m2 (29 perch) allotment with an impressive 18.4m frontage
- Downstairs has 3 bedrooms plus study and multiple living areas leading out to the spacious and private backyard
- Upstairs offers a master bedroom, ensuite, walk in robe plus a massive 40m2 games room with billiard table and bar- all leading out to the covered back deck which runs the full width of the home
- Downstairs bathroom was renovated about 4-5 years ago and presents as new
- The kitchen is intimately connected to the dining area, spacious sunroom and study/studio- all of which look over the green gardens and fenced backyard
- The current panoramic views from the back deck are impressive- Easterly views out to the airport and beyond and North Easterly views across to Moreton Island and beyond
- The views from a new home would be more impressive as current BCC planning guidelines allow for a building height of 9.5m- much higher than the height offered by the existing house
- The laundry and a third bathroom (not legal height) are located underneath the back of the house in a sub-floor cellar type area
- Prestigious location only 5.5km to Brisbane CBD and an easy short walk to the vibrant hub of Racecourse Road shops, cafes, restaurants and public transport including bus, train and river ferry. This property also benefits from being within the Eagle Junction Primary School zone and close to many of Brisbane's best private schools.
- BCC rates- $980.46 per quarter (excluding water)
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
2 carport spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.