"TARONG" Grand Old Lady of the Hill
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 3 Cars
This charming Colonial Queenslander was designed by renowned Brisbane Architect Robin Dods and built in 1910. Exactly 100 years later, the property was extensively renovated and lifted high to it's former glory. Luxurious modern living meets timeless period features throughout this incredibly well considered renovation. Sitting proudly on an elevated, level 910 m2 (36 perch) allotment, this wonderful family home offers stunning city views from the front verandah and panoramic Northerly views from the huge covered rear deck.
Downstairs offers a unique entertaining experience with a huge open plan paved area featuring a built-in BBQ and outdoor kitchen overlooking the inground swimming pool and spacious lawn surrounded by advanced hedging and gardens with plenty of room for a game of cricket or football. The panoramic Northerly views when seated downstairs are truly stunning and extremely unique to this particular side of Hamilton Hill. Also on this level is the 3 car garage and large wine cellar/ storage room. An unparalleled opportunity exists to further renovate and value add to the property by building in underneath. Already lifted to an impressive 3.8m ceiling height and huge RSJ beams already in place, the property has DA approved plans to create 2 extra bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a media/rumpus room. Another option is to create multiple car garaging or just leave it the way it is and enjoy the ultimate undercover outdoor entertainment area.
- Master bedroom suite with modern colonial style ensuite and parents retreat or maternity room
- Stunning period features including rare copper pressed ceilings, stained glass antique windows and doors and enclosed wrap around verandah
- Private, fully fenced manicured gardens with stunning marble statue feature
- Inground saltwater swimming pool and courtyard area
- Modern kitchen with 3 dishwashers, European oven, steamer and coffee machine plus walk in butlers pantry
- Huge tiled multi-purpose area downstairs overlooking pool
- Near new Colourbond roof & gutters
- Recently painted inside & out
- All decks recently re-painted
- New down lights installed throughout, new kitchen feature lights, new power switches, wifi in every room, tv points in each bedroom
- Integrated security system with 7 cameras that record for 1 month
- Front gate Iphone video camera to upstairs and downstairs
- Duel cable wifi system installed throughout
- New privacy blind installed on back deck
- Movie Projector and screen in downstairs cinema
- Located within the Ascot State School catchment area and only about 10 minutes walk to the front school gate
- Only 5 km from Brisbane CBD and 15 mins drive to Brisbane International and Domestic Airports
- Close to Hamilton Portside and the vibrant Racecourse Road shopping, restaurant and cafe precinct
- BCC Rates- $993.13 per quarter (excluding water)
- Rental Appraisal- TBA
- Nothing to do - just move in and enjoy!
Rarely does a home of this calibre become available on Hamilton Hill- be quick to secure this wonderful, once in a lifetime opportunity
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm System
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
See all features
910m² / 0.22 acres
3 garage spaces
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.